Skip to main content

Inspiration is the fuel that drives innovation 🚀 

That’s why we’re excited to announce the next Supermetrics Community Challenge, where we invite you to share a recent marketing campaign that stood out for you and tell us what you liked about it. 

Here’s how to take part in this challenge:

• In the replies to this post, share the marketing campaign that impressed you. Visuals and links are welcome! 
  • Explain what made it stand out for you. 
  • Engage with other Community members’ posts by liking and commenting.

We'll award 2 participants with a $/€ 100 Amazon gift card: One for the most upvoted response and one for the response chosen by the Supermetrics Team 🎁✨

⏳ This challenge ends on August 26, 2024.

Let’s inspire and be inspired! 

For me, it is Heinz Ketchup!

They did a collaboration with Marvel for the new Deadpool&Wolverine Movie.

It is super simple, yet memorable. Usually, I do not like these “straight in your face” ads. 

BUT pairing it with a genre/movie like Deadpool...it fits the “goofy” character of him. 

You can already see it on social media like Instagram, tiktok or LinkedIn.

This campaign was shared to me by our Social Media Manager, Kristina and I loved it!! These are OOH ads by TaskRabbit and ever since she shared this to our group, I’ve seen them all around Chicago!! 

How many of you are singing right now? 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Coca-Cola’s 2024 Olympic Ad, highlights togetherness and unity among the rivalry, and is very beautiful. The rarity of Olympic Ads, make it all that more special! I am sure you all have seen this, if not, check it out! 

Heinz x Absolut - Tomato Vodka Pasta Sauce

As a Supermetrics employee, I can't officially compete in the Community Challenge, but this campaign is just too good not to share!

Heinz and Absolut teamed up to create a limited-edition vodka pasta sauce that took the internet by storm. It was a perfect match of flavor and marketing.

This unexpected combo sold out quickly, making waves on social media and even becoming a collector's item. It's a great example of how two big brands can come together to create something truly special.

What made this campaign a standout?

• Unexpected Collaboration: The partnership between Heinz and Absolut was a fresh and exciting approach to product development.
  • Limited Edition: Creating a sense of urgency and exclusivity drove consumer demand.
  • Leveraging Influencer Power: Utilizing both mega and micro-influencers amplified the campaign's reach and impact.
  • Social Media Savvy: The #AbsolutelyHeinz hashtag generated significant buzz and engagement.

The vodka sauce campaign was a viral success, earning 500m impressions on social media and selling out within days, even seeing jars ending up on eBay asking for 10 times the RRP.

The product was always intended to have a limited run to drive awareness and never intended to be a permanent part of the Heinz pasta sauce range.

In the two months after launch, sales of the pasta sauce range have increased 52% and retail distribution has grown now holding a 24% share in Waitrose.

Source: https://www.thedrum.com/news/2023/05/31/inside-the-viral-heinz-x-absolut-tie-up-sent-pasta-sauces-sales-soaring 

I work at Supermetrics, so not participating in the challenge, just wanted to share a cool campaign… because the Olympic games have been the talk of the town for the past few weeks! 

Celebrity brands are a dime a dozen, but I do love Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty 😍 And the brand effortlessly tapped into the Olympic games hype by striking a premium parnership with both 2024 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris (I mean, look at this announcement post!).

This announcement was followed by a video of Fenty’s team gifting makeup kits and tutorials for 600 volunteers between the ages of 18 and 21 who were presenting medals at the games. Just awesome PR and brand activation all around 🤗

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9lUS9wyRL-/

I wanted to share a B2B campaign since that’s the industry I’m in. I hope others will share more B2B campaigns because I’m in need of some fresh inspiration as well!

This was a cold email outreach campaign from a Chili Piper SDR (Dale) who found me via LinkedIn. Why it worked?

• Email subject line “Y Soft's get in touch form” had me thinking there was something wrong with our company’s contact form, so I opened the email not thinking it was spam
  • It was personalized with a screenshot of our sales contact form and referred to our CRM HubSpot, so it told me he did some homework
  • It had some compelling data about how they’ve helped our direct competitor

Even though I found the first email convincing already, I still did not respond. Then Dale sent this email. You can’t see the animated GIF in the screenshot below, but he showed me how Chili Piper would work on our website form. Basically he showed me the value of Chili Piper in a quick video. 

Dale also sent similar emails to my boss (our CMO) who was impressed by the style of outreach that he forwarded the email to me. That was the tipping point. As I was ready to finally book a meeting, I got this email from Dale. Not even a sales pitch anymore, but it had me LOL. Not only was I interested in the product, I already liked Dale. So I ended up booking a meeting, and we are considering purchasing the product, but we needed to get budget and buy-in from our internal sales team. 

I like agencies that listen to opportunities. This is an IKEA ad that bounced off Ariel Dombasle's pre-Olympics performance. The dress she's wearing is very similar to one of their lamps. The advert says ‘Please do not use as a dress’. Simple, funny, effective and up-to-date

I like agencies that listen to opportunities. This is an IKEA ad that bounced off Ariel Dombasle's pre-Olympics performance. The dress she's wearing is very similar to one of their lamps. The advert says ‘Please do not use as a dress’. Simple, funny, effective and up-to-date

IKEA is aways so on-top of pop culture, I loved their ad referencing Doja Cat’s MET gala “outfit” 😀

For me, although I do not like the product itself I have to admit the marketing campaign behind Prime was very impressive and highly successful.

Through a mixture of clever targeting, key sporting and celebrity sponsorship and creating an unprecedented demand in the market for their product, it helped Prime to quickly drive their sales into the millions very quickly.

Creating this strong brand image and subsequent demand led to shops selling out and people re-selling the product for over 1,000% markups as people just wanted to get their hands on the product.

This has led the brand to further increase their reach and partner with massive clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona and Juventus.

Thank you everyone who took part in our Community Challenge! 

The campaigns you shared have truly captured our attention. This post is a treasure trove of inspiration 💎🤩

And the winners are…🥁

@phil_data_2024 with Heinz Ketchup x Marvel ads that was the most upvoted response. “Simple, yet memorable” — we can’t agree more with you, Phil! 

Our second winner is @Audrey with Chili Piper’s email outreach. It was great to see B2B email campaign here! 

Being creative and on point with the emails outreach is a skill we also want to nail. Hence, this campaign has really stood out for our team. Thanks for the inspo.

@phil_data_2024 and @Audrey, I’ll contact you shortly via email about the gift cards 💌