Skip to main content

We all know the importance of staying informed in the ever-evolving world of marketing analytics. This challenge is your chance to share your secret weapons  — the resources that keep you ahead of the curve.

What to share:

• Influencers: Who are the marketing data rockstars you follow on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) or YouTube channels?
  • Newsletters: What publications or newsletters consistently deliver valuable insights and news?
  • Blogs: Are there specific blogs you read frequently for cutting-edge marketing analytics tips and tricks?
  • Podcasts: Do you have go-to podcasts that delve into the latest marketing data trends and strategies?
  • Websites: Are there any websites you consider essential for staying up-to-date on best practices for marketing data?

How to participate:

Share a link to your go-to resource in the comments and describe why it's your favorite.

The prize:

Two lucky winners will win a gift card of their choice, worth $100 (the selection of gift cards vary per country).

⏳ The challenge ends on July 26th.

Let’s get this party going! 🤩 (I’m not taking part in the challenge, but wanted to share anyways)

My recent favorite has been Growth Unhinged by Kyle Poyar. He shares a lot of insightful growth cases, especially from the B2B SaaS industry. I’ve gotten a lot of concrete ideas and ideas on what to test at Supermetrics. 

I recommend following both Kyle and Growth Unhinged in Linkedin! 🤩

👨🏼💼 Kyle’s profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyle-poyar/

💎 Growth Unhinged: https://www.linkedin.com/company/growth-unhinged/

As an SEO manager, I mostly focus on SEO influencer and SEO media. I love to follow my sources via newsletters (instead of e.g. social media). Here are some of my favorites:

• Marie Haynes' newsletter. This is a fantastic resource, especially for insights on SEO, helpful content, and AI developments. Marie Haynes offers deep dives and practical advice that are incredibly valuable.

• Search Engine Roundtable. Their daily and weekly newsletters are packed with the latest updates on Google and other SEO news. It’s a must-read to stay on top of industry changes.

• Backlinko Newsletter. Known for its amazing in-depth guides on SEO, this newsletter by Brian Dean is a treasure trove of strategies and tips that can help elevate your SEO game.

I’m not participating in the challenge since I’m an employee, but I’m excited to see the resources everyone else finds valuable! 😎

As an Analytics Manager, I find that I have many newsletters and social media experts that I subscribe to. Here are some of my favorites:

• Analytics mania: This is a great resource for anyone that is in the analytics field and needs to stay up-to-date with GA4 and GTM. Whenever I run into issues or need assistance looking up something I might not be too familiar with, this is my go-to. 
  • Ihar Vakulski: I sort of stumbled across Ihar’s newsletter a few months back and love it. He does a great job of showcases Google Analytic 4 updates quickly. While I might not have time to scope out weekly updates, having them get emailed straight to my inbox saves me time. 
  • Marketing Brew: Everyone in marketing should be subscribed to Marketing Brew. I just took a free training yesterday with Miss Excel. MB constantly sends out daily tips, tricks, and trends that help me stay informed. 

Bonus: 

• Reddit: This one might be a shock. This has been a recent discovery for me. I subscribed to Google Tag Manager communities and Google Analytics communities. I have learned so much and have gotten a lot of help. Great resource for connecting with others in the field and getting help from other experts. 

I have loads more but these are my top 3 plus a bonus one. Hope others find it interesting and helpful. 

As a Team Leader - media buyer, it's important to keep an eye on trends and new developments in the market. Here are my favourite resources :

• Influencers: In linkedIn, Bruno Guyot for SEA. Leo Goldfeder for Display programmatic, Nicolas Jaimes and Michel Juvillier for global online media and adtech.
    • → On LinkedIn, follow the group “Looker Studio Q&A (formerly, Google Data Studio). When you will have a problem the community will be helpful and it’s active.
  • Websites: The official pages of the advertising platforms provide the freshest and most accurate information, (Looker Studio is concerned). If you like interview follow themediasocieties.media. They speak about all subject around ad tech and the guests is various as the subject.

😁 It's the perfect opportunity for me to do my own advertising, so I post on LinkedIn at least 3 times a week. I talk about what's new on media buying platforms, dataviz and tips from my day-to-day life. 😁

Sorry, many sources are in french 😅

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the competition and thank you for organising it. It's original.

BR

Adrien

Perhaps it is the Gen Z - Millennial cusp in me, but I LOVE going to Pinterest for visualization inspiration. While not all dashboard or reports are relevant to my projects, I find that it causes me to think outside the box on how end-users see and interpret data. On the other hand, it also helps me to see what not to do… Some dashboards are beautiful and so visually appealing, but not practical or useful at all!

It’s such a fine line between trying to showcase marketing data in a new and fun way and getting hung up on aesthetics and forgetting the original purpose of the report. At the end of the day, we work in Marketing and I think it is in our DNA to try and be creative and innovative; we just have to do it tactfully. 

Here is a link to some Pinterest boards I like to look at: https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=marketing%20dashboard&rs=typed 

I also am in some Facebook groups for Power Bi and I tend to go straight to YouTube if I run into a problem or need a creative solution. 

Here is a cool video on how to dynamically embed URLs to preview in Power BI Reports: 

The challenge is ended 🎉

Thank you all for sharing these insightful resources! All of them are gems 💎

You made it so hard to choose the best replies. But I’m happy to announce 2 winners: @Kammielatay and @Adrien Imstepf who amazed us with several great influencers and websites! 

I'll contact you both shortly via email about the gift cards 🎁

Wishing you all an amazing weekend, and let's continue this kind of discussions in the Community! 

Congrats all! Great resources! Thanks for sharing! Happy Friyay!