Skip to main content

Does anyone have any tips for creating the best useful LinkedIn analytics dashboard for a paid social strategist?

Hi, 

At Supermetrics we worked together with LinkedIn on the following templates: https://supermetrics.com/template-gallery?page=1&search=linkedin+supermetrics&destination=12385. Those templates are very comprehensive for ads reporting and could be a good source of inspiration on both standard LinkedIn Ads metrics and ABM. We also created with them a Revenue Attribution Report: https://supermetrics.com/template-gallery/looker-studio-linkedin-rar

Now in order to make sure the dashboard is useful for you, I recommend the following:

1. Define what are your business and marketing objectives.
  2. Choose KPIs that will help see whether you are on track to achieve those objectives. You can also define supporting KPIs that help you see how efficiently you are achieving those objectives. 
  3. Besides KPIs, determine what segmentation would be useful to know, for example source/medium. 
  4. Define what questions you want each page of your dashboard to answer.

With all of that information, it will be much easier to create a dashboard that is useful for you specific case. 

I definitely agree with the comment from Kathy regarding figuring out what will be most useful for you. 

For my clients, we always have a conversation regarding what the client is most interested in knowing and seeing every month. This allows me to tailor the dashboard to their needs. 

Here is a small section of a Looker Studio LinkedIn Paid dashboard that I provide my clients. We have determined what the client’s main KPIs. We also like to see what days the users were most engaged so we can determine when our users are more engaged when we post. 

If you are using Looker Studio, I highly suggest always putting a date range control and a campaign dimension control at the top of the report. This will allow the clients to have more control of their data and becoming more granular regarding specific campaigns. 

Thank you both so much for your incredible insight! This is a great starting point and looking to dive deeper into this.